Boxers are one of the most popular breeds of dog which has been adopted in the country like America. They are cute, physically active and very faithful toward their parents. That’s why people love to have them. But they are also sensitive when it’s come to feeding them the food.
So, it may be challenging for the new boxer’s owners to purchase the best dog food for boxers for them. To help you with this, I bring the list of top 7 best dog food for boxers below along with their ingredient list, why you should purchase one and what are their pros and cons etc.
- Blue Buffalo Life Protection Dry Puppy Food
- Taste of the Wild High Prairie (Bison&Venison)
- Orijen Large Puppy Formula Dog Food
- Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food
- EUKANUBA Large Breed Puppy Food
- Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Boxer Adult Dry Dog Food
- Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Dry Dog Food
*The above links lead to current prices and customer reviews on Amazon.
Choosing food for the boxers should not be very challenging when we have so many dog food brands out there. Today brands are even making separate dog foods for different breeds of the dogs. The main thing which you need to consider when purchasing food for your boxer dog is the ingredients. Because this breed of the dog could have allergies very easily even from the ingredients which are favorite of other breeds.
What else do you need to consider when purchasing the proper food for your box? Here is some of the list with its important:
As mentioned previously, the boxer dog may get different allergies including skin with some of the common dog food. So, you must look at the list of ingredients which are not suitable for the boxers.
Usually, the ingredients which can give them allergies included corn, chicken, soy and even the wheat. So make sure that these ingredients do not have in food pack which you have picked for your boxers, You can go with the flavor based products in case if your dog like chicken.
It is very important that the dog food has been properly balanced. A bit high amount of one ingredient and even nutrition could give health issues to the boxers. Especially, this is a sensitive breed of dog which gets the metabolism issued is the ingredients have not been balanced properly in their food. There are three things which you need to look when its come to balancing the ingredients of the boxer’s food.
These three things are protein, fiber, and fat. Yes, carb is important too but the healthy carb comes from the fiber. All of them should including the healthy nutrition only which has been extracted from the healthy sources.
There are many brands today in America who are making special food for the boxers. Their special food has been formalized on the basis of their health, size, and weight. The commercial brands know about the allergies which the boxers may get easier.
That’s why; they are not only focusing to make food which can easily digest and boost the immune system. Do not go with any random brand but only those which are popular among people on the basis of their benefits.
Also look for the other things like online reviews, ratios of the nutrition and price etc. These all things could help to pick a perfect dog food for boxers.
This puppy food is available in different flavors but the most popular among all is chicken. Surprisingly, there isn’t any chicken or poultry has been used in this product but still, it tastes like chicken. The main ingredients of this recipe are chicken and brown rice.
To keep is healthy and help to gain weight, there has been good carb included in this product like whole grains, fruit and garden veggies etc. It is the commercial food which has been approved by IDF but it has been made with all natural ingredients. There has been no wheat, soy, and even corn has been used. The boxers with sensitive stomachs would like to eat this food as it is easy to digest.
- The first ingredient of this product is real meat
- Containing NO chicken/ poultry by-product meals
- There isn’t any poultry and chicken in this product by meals
- It is ideal for dogs that have the unique food needs
- Not limited to boxer puppies only but others too
- Basically, it is dry but available in wet options too
- Garden veggies and fruit included
- No soy, wheat or corn has been added
- Available in multiple flavors
- It makes bones and teeth strong
- Improve immune system and healthy skin
- User’s complaint about the quality of food
- It is not a grain free dog food.
If your boxer loves to eat food which contains chicken but you cannot give chicken made food to your dog then this Blue Buffalo’s dry puppy food is an ideal product. There isn’t any chicken product has been used in it yet it is available in chicken and brown rice recipe. By giving this as the first food of your puppy, you can help to make his immune system, skin, and coat healthy along with bones and teeth.
The dog foods which contain grain are ideal to gain weight but there are other important ingredients too which can help the dogs to increase weight. This product is 100% grain free but it can be used to give a very healthy diet to the dog because it included the ingredients like sweet potatoes, fruits, and peas etc.
The healthy carbs have been extracted from these instead of the grain. This formula offers a taste sensation which is hard to find in other product of the same price.
While the product is not very new on Amazon but there is still the very limited number of reviews. The reason behind the less popularity of this product is the description which the company has not written on the product sale page. I am including this at number 2 due to the listed of ingredients which are best for the boxer diet. Whether you want to increase the weight of your boxer or you have a fat boxer dog, this food will go best in both situations.
- It is 100% grain free boxer’s food
- Good for dogs having allergies due to grain
- Carb extracted from natural sources
- Good for sensitive skin dogs
- Dogs with skin allergies can eat
- 100% grain free dog food
- Real roasted meat included
- Fruits and vegetables for nutrition
- Peas and sweet potatoes also include
- By taste, the boxer will love it
- Natural antioxidants formula
- Expensive dog food as compare to others
- Your dog may face extra pooping issue.
With limited information and number of reviews, it could be hard for you to decide that whether it is best dog food for boxers or not. Looking at the ingredients and the brand name (Which is among popular recommended brands by vets) this is indeed a must to buy boxers food. Sadly it is available in big packing size only that’s mean that you cannot purchase for the testing purpose.
This is a quite new product and being sold in 2018 due to its popularity and all the positive review on the online store. The Orjien is the brand which is known for its expensive dog food but in return, they offer the nutrition food to fulfill the special needs of the dog.
This product by Orjien is totally grain free dog food. It is more likely an expensive product due to its ingredient. There are very limited ingredients which have been used for its manufacturing where the protein and other nutrition has been taken from the single sources to keep it pure and natural dog food.
While it has the limited number of ingredients, but still, the company made it tasty for the dogs without using any artificial flavor, color, and taste etc. The IDF has approved it and ranked it high in the dog food products due to its healthy ingredients.
The company is promoting this food as the puppy food but it is completely safe for the big dog breeds too. So, if you have more than dog other than boxer or boxer dogs of different ages and sizes at your home, you can give this single food to all of them.
- Carb extracted from natural sources
- 100% free of the grain and its carb
- Single protein source has been used
- Puppy formula which is also good for large breeds too
- By taste, it is delicious, healthy and strong
- Made to help gain weight at early ages
- 100% positive reviews by customers
- It is grain free dog food
- Limited and only healthy ingredients
- Delicious, natural and approved by IDF
- Keep dog healthy, strong and happy.
- One of the expensive dog foods
- The strong fish smell may be intensive.
Indeed, this is one of the expensive puppy foods for boxer dogs on my list but still, it should be purchased once and give it to the puppy at an early age. The ingredients and natural nutrition will help in the growth of the puppy and make the bones and teeth strong. The pure source of nutrition will also make the immune system very strong and boost the metabolism.
If you compare this product with others in the list, then you will found that this is the most popular product with the most number of positive reviews. Yes, about 3,500 people have ranked this dog food as best among all.
This is an expensive dog food but still, people are purchasing it due to two reasons. First, it has the best ingredients which can help to make the puppy strong and healthy and second this dog food has been made by the popular dog food brand called Wellness Core.
Unlike other dog foods, this is available in 10 different flavors which are the combination of more than 1 main ingredient. You can purchase white meat to red meat flavor bag or simply the special one which has been made to reduce the fat and made for the large breed of the dogs etc.
A good thing about this product is that it is not only available in different flavors but also in different packing size including the only 4-pound bag. Purchasing its smallest bag for the testing purpose is easy for the dog owner to confirm that whether their boxers will like the taste or not.
- All nutrition is balanced and 100% grain free
- It is rich with the natural protein and other nutrition
- Original meats of turkey, salmon, and chicken have been used
- There is no wheat, corn, soy, and meat by-product added at all
- No flavor, color, and artificial ingredients have been included
- Manufactured and distributed by the well-known brand
- Available in different flavors and sizes
- This food can be given to the different breed of dogs
- Wheat, grain, soy, corn, and colors free
- Made in the USA with high-quality ingredients
- Expensive as compare to other
- Need extra care, it can be mold.
Wellness core product is popular due to the quality and approval from the IDF. Their food has proven one of the healthy dog foods available on the market. The puppies who start their first food from the Wellness Core are stronger, healthy and physically active than other. This product is an ideal dog food for the boxers. They will help the boxer’s puppies to grow, grain healthy weight and get rid of the allergies and other health conditions etc.
If you are looking for the best dog food for boxers which is approved by IDF and cheap in the price, then here is the solution for you. It is not specific to the boxers but other breeds of the dogs too. The company is selling the separate bags of food for different size of breeds includes large breeds of dogs.
Sadly, it is available in very limited flavors which are chicken, lamb, and rice but in different pack size. It has been manufactured by the EUKANUBA who is known for the high-quality puppy food. This is a dry puppy food.
Instead of using other sources of protein, the company has only used the protein from the animals only. The high quality of protein can help to lean muscles and make the bones strong etc. The ingredients in this food pack also proved to promote healthy skin and radiant coat. This has been done due to the omega 3 and 6 fatty acids in it.
- Only animal-based proteins are included
- Good for skin, coat, bones and teeth health
- Promote absorption and healthy digestion
- Natural beet pulp has been added to it
- Very reasonable price
- Available in different sizes
- Rich in Omega 6 and 3 fatty acids
- Helps to make strong and teeth strong
- Good for small and large breeds of dogs
- Clinically proven DHA level formula.
- Can give diarrhea to the puppies
- The limited number of flavors.
It is not easy to find the dog food which has been approved by IDF, have best ingredients and made from the natural things in a reasonable price. The low price of this product is the main attraction which makes people purchase it for their dogs. If you are looking for high-quality dog food which has premium ingredients, then you have to consider purchasing this product. This will improve the overall health of your boxer.
As a dog owner, you need to give the food which can keep their bones strong and mass the muscles. This could be done with the help of the nutrition and specifically the protein-rich dog food. When you look for the best dog food for boxers, you will always found the Royal Canin in the list of brands which are ideals for the boxers.
This product has high levels of L-Carnitine, protein, EPA, DHA, and taurine etc. These all support the healthy cardiac functions and help the boxers to live healthy and long life without going to any serious health conditions. This food also supports the cellular health. This has been happened due to the exclusive antioxidant.
This food is not very old but surprisingly, there is hardly any negative review about it on the internet. Seems like everyone is happy with the quality and quantity of the food. Some people shared online that after this product, they stopped looking for any other dog food for their boxers.
- Ideal for the muscles mass
- Promote the healthy cardiac functions
- Antioxidant complex to support cellular health
- Good quality of protein to support overall health
- Makes bones and teeth strong
- Specifically made for the boxers.
- Good for the cardiac health
- Support muscles mass
- Support cellular health
- Good in taste and size
- No color or artificial flavors
- Easily available when ordered
- Can be used for long term.
- A limited number of reviews
- A bit high in the price.
Till now I was sharing the dog food which can be eaten by the other breeds too but this product is specifically formalized for the boxers only. Yes, other dogs may have it but only boxers will get the maximum benefits from it. It is a bit high in price because only boxers owners will prefer to have it and the sale is low. The ranking and rating by the current customers are enough to make this product ideal for the boxers’ health.
The last product on my list of best boxers’ food is made by Natural Balance. The Natural Balance is a popular brand which is known for the quality of their products. IDF has not just approved it due to their quality dog food but if you search for the recognized IDF dog food brands, you will found Natural Balance at the top of the list.
The reason behind the popularity of this product is the balanced nutrition, high-quality protein, and carb which has been collected from the natural and healthy sources only.
There isn’t any artificial color, flavor and presentation have been used in this product where it is ideal for the adult dogs. It is available for the puppies in different tastes and small bites as well. To make it an easy to understand food for the dog owners, the company has added very limited ingredients in it. It is totally dry food, so you can use it as the dog treat too to train the puppy.
- All ingredients are natural
- No preservation or color users
- Small bites available for small breeds
- Grain-free dog food with healthy carbs
- Limited ingredient dog food
- Suitable for all dog breeds
- Healthy, nutritional and cheap in price
- The smell is not really good at all
- The dog may not like the taste.
If you have recently adopted a boxer and don’t know that which food you should give on the first day, then pick this food. It is well balanced and helps your boxer to physically active.
1. What dog food is best for boxers?
Any dog food which has been made for boxers and contains the required amount of nutrition is best for the boxers. Above, I have shared some of the best boxer food which has been approved by IDF is best for the boxers. Each of them the required or you can say the ideal amount of natural nutrition which your dog needs to eat every day to keep healthy.
2. What should I feed my boxer?
A dog food which has these three of them in a good ratio is called good; protein, carbohydrates and healthy fat. So, when you are purchasing food for your boxer, make sure that you confirm that the food does have all of them and they have been extracted from the right and natural source.
3. How much do I feed my boxer puppy?
The boxer puppies eat more food than the adult boxers. As per the rule, their food should be twice than the adult boxers in amount. The adult boxers eat 2 cups of the food per day (one at a time). So, by this, you need to give at lead 4 cup of food to your boxer puppy per day for 6 months.
4. How to feed a boxer puppy?
There isn’t any specific way to feed a puppy, As long as you have purchased the right food for your puppy, you can give that to him any portion way as long as you are fulfilling the required amount. If your puppy eats 4 cups of the food per day, then give the food after every few hours. Setting a schedule is always best.
5. What do boxer dogs like to eat?
The dogs can’t talk but you can easily absorb that what food they like most. Like the human, the dogs also like the commercial food as they are available in many flavors. Today, the commercial foods for boxers have been made from the natural ingredients. So, try some brands and see that what does your dog likes most.
Video: Best Dog Food For Boxers – Eliminate Allergies
Boxers do not have a really good metabolism. That’s why one must do extra effort to come up with a dog food which is well balances to fulfill the boxer’s daily requirement of nutrition. The above list of the product will surely help you to pick the best food for the boxers. As I have given extra attention to the ingredients when selecting the products on the basis of their customer’s reviews.